San Diego, CA Best Practice Meeting
Proposed Meeting Agenda*
Wednesday, May 30, 2018
- IACUCs (defining membership, the use of alternates, and recruiting)
- IACUC Jurisdiction – What is the IACUC Expected to Oversee at Zoos and Otherwise?
- Successfully Using the Veterinarian Verification Consultation (VVC) process
- AAALAC/OLAW/USDA update
- Networking Lunch
- Veterinary and Husbandry (curators) Involvement on Zoo Research Projects
- Tour and Discussion of the Veterinary Hospital and Related Facilities
- Tour and Discussion of the Elephant Care Center and Exhibit and Related Research
Thursday, May 31, 2018
- Proponents of and Public Awareness - Animal Research (Lecture and Discussion)
- Handling Modifications: IACUC Review, VVC or an Administrative Correction?
- Emergency Disaster Plans
- Categorizing procedures into USDA Pain Categories
- Quality Assurance Beyond Post-Approval Monitoring (PAM)
- MOU’s and Inter-Institutional Assurances
* Registrants have an opportunity to request specific meeting topics. Consequently the meeting agenda may be enhanced based on registrants’ requests.
- Bill Greer, Assistant Vice President for Research
- Ron E. Banks, Director, Division of Comparative Medicine
- Kathryn Bayne, Chief Executive Officer for AAALAC International
- Susan Silk, Director of Policy and Education
- Kathy Garland, Supervisor Animal Care Specialist (USDA), and Katie Frank, VMO (USDA)
San Diego, CA Meeting Logistics:
When: May 30 – 31, 2018
Where: The San Diego Zoo, 2920 Zoo Drive, San Diego, CA 92101
A limited number of rooms at the conference rates listed below have been reserved to accommodate you attendance at the Best Practices Meeting. To secure the conference room rate ($79) reservations must be made by May 1, 2018.
Days Inn San Diego Hotel Circle Near SeaWorld
543 Hotel Circle South
San Diego, CA 92108
- IACUC Administrators Association (IAA) members: $60.
- Non-members: $175
*Save on registration fees by securing a membership in the IAA (http://iacucaa.org/)!
* $100 is the membership fee for the IAA; we encourage you to complete the membership application and sign-up to attend our meeting as an IAA Associate Member.
Individuals with disabilities are encouraged to participate in the program and related activities. If you anticipate needing special accommodations or have questions about the physical access provided, please contact Bill Greer by email (email@example.com) at least two weeks prior to the conference.
The meeting facilitator reserves the right to cancel all programs. The IAA will not be responsible for any losses incurred by registrants including, but not limited to, airline cancellation charges or hotel deposits. The program agenda is subject to change without notice.
Participation of women, racial/ethnic minorities and persons with disabilities, and other individuals, who have been traditionally underrepresented in science, is encouraged.
For questions related to program contents: Contact Bill Greer at firstname.lastname@example.org
San Diego, CA 92101
|* IACUC Administrators Association NON-Members ($60 toward food and services)||$ 175.00|
|IACUC Administrators Association Associates ($60 toward food and services)||$ 60.00|